Do you know about all the local events and activities sponsored by local senior centers in the Pottstown area?
Here are a few:
Pottstown Area Seniors' Center hosts on-going events and activities. A few upcoming activities and events include:
- AARP Tax Preparation will be on Tuesdays from 12:30 pm to 4 pm and Fridays from 9 am to 3 pm. Free but reservations are required.
- A World War II style Swing Dance on Friday night April 12, 2013 at Sunnybrook Ballroom. If you have never been to Sunnybrook you will want to go just to see this amazing place with a true flavor of the past.
- Its first annual golf outing on Monday, June 10, 2013 at Hickory Valley Golf Club
- An annual summer picnic on June 20, 2013 at Ringing Rocks Park in Pottstown
- Pottstown Memorial Medical Center hosts a Senior Circle chapter
- Speaking of the Sunnybrook Ballroom, how about just taking in a nice lunch in a relaxed atmosphere. They offer some great events as well.
- If you're handy or mechanical, and like vintage airplanes (and who doesn't?) how about volunteering to help restore a Vintage 1946 Fairchild F24 to flying condition?
- If you fancy yourself a bit of an artist, how about entering the "What I love about Montgomery County" art contest and exhibition? This expo is specifically intended for seniors "55 or better." Wow- what a great way to say that!
- Here at Seniors Helping Seniors of Montco, we talk a lot about Alzheimer's disease. One of the best prevention strategies today is a healthy lifestyle. Why not learn more about that for you and your loved ones by visiting the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation's "Fun & Fitness For the Family" site.
Wow! Who knew there was so much to do in Pottstown? If you are adventurous and want to travel just a little further, there are even activities throughout Montgomery County at other seniors centers!
Be well and HAVE FUN!